Terms of Conditions
1. Good Home Garden and Landscaping is committed to providing the best possible garden construction experience for our customers, however not every eventuality can be foreseen. Werecommend that you read and understand all the pointsin thetermsand conditions.
2. Please bear in mind that during construction your garden is classed as a building site. Our staff are trained to make them as safe as reasonably possible. Werecommend that children and pets arenot permitted to enter the siteuntil work iscomplete, and all personsentering the confinesof the working area are either competent or supervised.
3. Vandalism, acts of God or outside negligence– during the construction GoodHomeGarden and Landscaping will take reasonable steps to protect the work, however cannot be held responsible for acts of wanton vandalism or unexpected occurrences such as extreme weather conditions or any other event that one could not reasonably predict.
4. Any changes to the agreed work need to be discussed and a new price agreed before commencement of extra or changed specifications.
5. A non-refundable booking deposit is expected to secure a scheduling date*that will be deducted from your final invoice. All material costs will need to be paid in advance on the outset of the work. An interim payment during construction of 50% of remaining balance at an approximate halfway point if the work is planned for more than five days. Final invoice is to be settled on satisfactory completion of work. A charge of 1% per day may be applied to any outstanding sums after 7 days from the satisfactory completion of work unless agreed otherwise.
6. Weed suppressing geo-textiles are not 100% effective. A good quality textile will have a significant impact on weed growth in a treated area but will not completely stop their spread.
7. Surplus materials remain the property of Good Home Garden and Landscaping unless the customer has made a direct payment to the supplier for them.
8. We strongly recommend that you do not make unchangeable plans in the week(s) immediately following the expected completion times that will affect the construction should we be delayed.
9. A strike to an underground service is always a possibility whenever excavation of any kind is carried out. In a high risk situation every care is taken to preserve any gas, water, electricity or telephone cables however Good Home Garden and Landscaping cannot be held liable for expenses incurred by the utility companies in such an event unless we are provided with accurate service locations(clients are required to provide us with service location by contacting DIAL BEFOREYOU DIG or Service Locator).
10. We strongly recommend that you do not make unchangeable plans in the week(s) immediately following the expected completion times that will affect the construction should we be delayed.
11. No spoils, rubbish or waste will be removed from site for disposal unless specified in the quote. In the event of toxic waste been uncovered during excavation, Good HomeGarden and Landscaping will not beheld liable for the costs of the professional removal of the materials. Good HomeGarden and Landscaping will assist in the removal of materials if possible however any unexpected costs will be added to the final invoice.
12. No allowance has been made in the quotation for any unforeseen scenarios such as concrete sub bases or drainage systems. Extra excavation and disposal costs may be added to the final invoice.
13. Customer acknowledge that goods and all work remain property of the Good Home Garden and Landscaping and give permission to enter the premises to remove the goods and work until fully paid for.
14. Client to provide the water and electricity free of charge or a Generator fee of $75 per day will be charged. No responsibility taken if survey pegs are not clearly visible and not on correct boundary.
15. A charge of $50 per man hour may be for clearing obstructions from the fence line, above or below ground level. Minimum 500mm or 2 feet on pailing side of the fence line.
16. Additional $30 Per Post for rocks removal or concrete cut if found under or side by fence line.
17. No responsibility taken if no survey pegs are provided to indicate true boundary. Quotation is valid for 30 days only.
18. Quotation is valid for 30 days only.